Summer might seem far away, and Haiti even further. But it’s always a good idea to plan ahead hence why we wanted to share with you our idea for a planned trip to Haiti in the summer of 2015… We’re going to volunteer!
At the UAL ACS we believe in giving back, and as President of UAL ACS, I couldn’t think of a better way than volunteering in Haiti at the Sai Baba centre to help feed 2000 children from various camps each day. In the summer of 2013 I made a solo trip to Haiti to volunteer and was so inspired by the children (I went to help them but they rather helped me), that I made a promise to go back… Except this time with a gang of UAL ACS members! Help us get there with your donations:
The trip is still in the process of being planned. However, to get a good idea of numbers please feel free to express your interest via the contact form below and we’ll get back to you with more info asap. We hope to get sponsorship/subsidy on flights and accommodation.
We’ve raised over £250 for the Sai Baba Centre last term. We sent the money to the centre co-ordinator who organised a Children’s Day program. CLICK HERE to see pics!
You can find out more about my trip to Haiti on my travel blog www.travelmakerkai.com or clicking the links posted below.
Kai – UAL ACS President
- Hop on board!.. Join me on my journey in Haiti! (travelmakerkai.com)
- Video Blog from the roof terrance of the Sathya Sai centre, Haiti (travelmakerkai.com)
- Meet Carlos Suarez: Supervisor of the Sathya Sai centre food program, Haiti (travelmakerkai.com)
- My journey so far on the island of Hispaniola… (travelmakerkai.com)
- Brief History of Haitian Bouillon… (travelmakerkai.com)
- Taking the broad road… Finding myself in Haiti (travelmakerkai.com)
- Finding myself here… Sathya Sai Centre, Haiti (travelmakerkai.com)